This spinach frittata recipe is a new spin on breakfast, serves 4, and will make a delicious, nutritious breakfast for you and your family. Get ready for the compliments 😉
Sometimes I get sick of the classic breakfasts like cereal or pancakes or waffles. Don’t get more wrong, these can be great, but every once in a while it’s nice to have something different.
If you’re only looking for a 2 person meal, just divide the recipe in half.
For more tasty breakfasts, check out my large library by clicking here.
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 lg. zucchini
- 1 cup bunched baby spinach
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 lg. garlic clove minced
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- ¾ cup goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add in chopped sun-dried tomatoes, basal and parsley. Set aside.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil in an oven-proof, stick-free skillet, about 1 minute on medium heat. Add spinach, roasted red peppers and zucchini and cook for another minute.
- Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture. Use a spatula to lift up the spinach mixture along the sides of the pan to let egg mixture flow underneath and continue cooking until approximately half the mixture is set, around 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle bits of goat cheese over the top, wrap the handle of the pan in foil and put the whole pan in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until frittata is puffy and golden. Allow to cool for several minutes.
- Calories: 250 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 17 Protein: 16