Detox Your Body

Detox Recipes For Weight Loss

Detox Recipes For Weight Loss

Detox Your Body
Author:
Serves: 1 cup

Ingredients
  • 6 asparagus spears (medium size)
  • ½ cucumber
  • ½ cup of purified water
  • 1 lemon (juice only)

Instructions
  1. Cut asparagus and cucumber into quarter size cubes and blend together with the water.
  2. Squeeze in lemon and blend until watery consistency is achieved.

Notes
Detoxifying the liver is important to promote efficiency of the liver to metabolize, store, and synthesize energy transferred from our food. This is to ensure our body is using nutrients proficiently.

Comments

1. Flavia says:

I’ll be drinking these a few times next week myself!

2. karen says:

this sounds good ~ a lot less $ then milk thistle :) Reflexology is always great too.

3. lisa says:

this sounds great. but what about when asparagus is not in season? Canned? i would not think canned would be great for a toxic liver cleanse….any ideas?

You could use broccoli or spinach. Asparagus also has a natural diuretic effect so it is great when you can use it.

4. Rodney says:

Did not known it was that easy !

5. Marilyn says:

I’m going to definitively try this..I drink about 4 cups of green tea daily..does green tea cleanse the liver?

6. xena both says:

Good for the liver? Ok nice! But mainly it looks really refreshing to me and thats why I am going to try this one for sure! Thanks Flavia!

7. Rebecca says:

OMG, what a great idea. This is your best recipe yet. Thank you so much. I’ll be making one as soon as I get home from the grocery store!

8. Tracy says:

Am I the only one that can’t stand asparagus??? What else could I use?

9. Holly says:

Do you drink this in place of a meal or with a meal? Or does it not matter?

No it doesn’t relpace a meal. Add it to your day when you can, in between meals would be the most beneficial and first thing in the morning to help balance your PH balance that is acidic first thing in the am.

10. I’m definitely going to give the detox a try Flavia. Question: Anxiously waiting to see the pictures from the photo shoot. I am excited to see the continued transformation to your body with the additional muscle. Plus, I’m anxious to hear the success of your 3lb fat loss goal for the photo shoot. Any updates on that?

Thanks,
    Jolene

11. Anna says:

Hey Flavia, one quick question: I am trying to eat broccoli every day, and I enjoy eating it steamed, but don’t like it near as much raw. Is raw that much more nutritious?

12. Rosa Maria Barboza says:

Thank you, Flavia, for this tip. I didn’t know that. I’ll try that every week!

13. Lakesha says:

Hello everyone out there in the getting fit world I just got all of my ingredients and can’t wait to try this……and it taste….. YUMMY….BUT!!! VERY TARTY!!!

….But I can live with this :) Thanks Flavia

14. Katie says:

I tried it tonight. A little tart. I added some cilantro, garlic, and salt. It is great. Thanks for the ideas!

15. anne says:

A terrific drink. Are there “sulfites” in the the asparagus? Would that explain why there is a change of aroma to my urine? Seems to have affected me that way. is that ok?

16. Kelly says:

Hi would this be any good before bedtime or on an empty stomach in the AM?

Not before bed as you want to eat protein and fats as your last meal to control hormone levels as you sleep. First thing in the am would be ok also but you need to eat more protein with this meal.

• Anna Smith says:

ideally, how long before going to bed should you have your last protein/fat meal?

That depends on when you started your day and when you trained. If you just trained at 9pm…still eat after. If you started your day late and only got in 4 meals, have one before you go to bed if that is the time to squeeze in that last meal. Try to eat right after waking up and every 3 hours after for a total of 5 to 6 meals (6th being the post-workout) and don’t worry about the time. If you are not hungry and it is late…skip it, but don’t make this a habit.

• Anna Smith says:

ok, thanks. I usually workout first thing in the morning because if I don’t then I really don’t want to do it :)

That’s totally fine. Try to get 5-6 meals in a day all within 3 hours of each other and don’t worry too much about the time of day per se

17. I really like your site. It is very informative.

18. Sylvie says:

Thanks, Flavia! :)
    How often should we attempt this liver cleanse?

19. Gloria says:

Hi! I love this drink, I have been drinking it a few times a week for the last month! I am wondering if substituting Lime instead of Lemon would have the same detox benefit?

Thanks!

20. Danielle says:

with the vegtable drinks and fruit drinks is it ok to use frozen vegtables and frozen fruit rather than fresh?

21. Lisa says:

Can I drink this first thing in the am instead of coffee?

22. Michelle says:

Would it be ok to alternate the 2 different liver detox recipes everyother day? I’ve been drinking the beet recipe morning and night and I was thinking to switch it up with this one.