Detox Your Body

By June 27, 2011 48 Comments
Detox Recipes For Weight Loss

Detox Recipes For Weight Loss

Detox Your Body
Serves: 1 cup
  • 6 asparagus spears (medium size)
  • ½ cucumber
  • ½ cup of purified water
  • 1 lemon (juice only)
  1. Cut asparagus and cucumber into quarter size cubes and blend together with the water.
  2. Squeeze in lemon and blend until watery consistency is achieved.
Detoxifying the liver is important to promote efficiency of the liver to metabolize, store, and synthesize energy transferred from our food. This is to ensure our body is using nutrients proficiently.

I’ll be drinking these a few times next week myself!

• karen says:

this sounds good ~ a lot less $ then milk thistle 🙂 Reflexology is always great too.

• lisa says:

this sounds great. but what about when asparagus is not in season? Canned? i would not think canned would be great for a toxic liver cleanse….any ideas?

You could use broccoli or spinach. Asparagus also has a natural diuretic effect so it is great when you can use it.

• Rodney says:

Did not known it was that easy !

• Marilyn says:

I’m going to definitively try this..I drink about 4 cups of green tea daily..does green tea cleanse the liver?

• xena both says:

Good for the liver? Ok nice! But mainly it looks really refreshing to me and thats why I am going to try this one for sure! Thanks Flavia!

• Rebecca says:

OMG, what a great idea. This is your best recipe yet. Thank you so much. I’ll be making one as soon as I get home from the grocery store!

• Tracy says:

Am I the only one that can’t stand asparagus??? What else could I use?

• Holly says:

Do you drink this in place of a meal or with a meal? Or does it not matter?

No it doesn’t relpace a meal. Add it to your day when you can, in between meals would be the most beneficial and first thing in the morning to help balance your PH balance that is acidic first thing in the am.

• I’m definitely going to give the detox a try Flavia. Question: Anxiously waiting to see the pictures from the photo shoot. I am excited to see the continued transformation to your body with the additional muscle. Plus, I’m anxious to hear the success of your 3lb fat loss goal for the photo shoot. Any updates on that?

Hey Flavia, one quick question: I am trying to eat broccoli every day, and I enjoy eating it steamed, but don’t like it near as much raw. Is raw that much more nutritious?

• Rosa Maria Barboza says:

Thank you, Flavia, for this tip. I didn’t know that. I’ll try that every week!

• Lakesha says:

Hello everyone out there in the getting fit world I just got all of my ingredients and can’t wait to try this……and it taste….. YUMMY….BUT!!! VERY TARTY!!!

….But I can live with this 🙂 Thanks Flavia

• Katie says:

I tried it tonight. A little tart. I added some cilantro, garlic, and salt. It is great. Thanks for the ideas!

• anne says:

A terrific drink. Are there “sulfites” in the the asparagus? Would that explain why there is a change of aroma to my urine? Seems to have affected me that way. is that ok?

• Kelly says:

Hi would this be any good before bedtime or on an empty stomach in the AM?

Not before bed as you want to eat protein and fats as your last meal to control hormone levels as you sleep. First thing in the am would be ok also but you need to eat more protein with this meal.

• Anna Smith says:

ideally, how long before going to bed should you have your last protein/fat meal?

That depends on when you started your day and when you trained. If you just trained at 9pm…still eat after. If you started your day late and only got in 4 meals, have one before you go to bed if that is the time to squeeze in that last meal. Try to eat right after waking up and every 3 hours after for a total of 5 to 6 meals (6th being the post-workout) and don’t worry about the time. If you are not hungry and it is late…skip it, but don’t make this a habit.

• Anna Smith says:

ok, thanks. I usually workout first thing in the morning because if I don’t then I really don’t want to do it 🙂

That’s totally fine. Try to get 5-6 meals in a day all within 3 hours of each other and don’t worry too much about the time of day per se

• I really like your site. It is very informative.

• Sylvie says:

Thanks, Flavia! 🙂
    How often should we attempt this liver cleanse?

• Gloria says:

Hi! I love this drink, I have been drinking it a few times a week for the last month! I am wondering if substituting Lime instead of Lemon would have the same detox benefit?

• Danielle says:

with the vegtable drinks and fruit drinks is it ok to use frozen vegtables and frozen fruit rather than fresh?

• Lisa says:

Can I drink this first thing in the am instead of coffee?

• Michelle says:

Would it be ok to alternate the 2 different liver detox recipes everyother day? I’ve been drinking the beet recipe morning and night and I was thinking to switch it up with this one.

• My partner and i uncertainty here is the location due to, yet… I have trouble with our own present copyright laws, u think that the best way our own present system of govt employs lobbying may be the source of this. Our laws do not equally shield all people, these people merely shield the actual interests of your abundant few. Is there certainly not some way to improve the best way the drinks are? What exactly percent with the population might be mistreated ahead of real change might be sent that occurs? Our own laws happen to be contorted and also turned to profit some sort of abundant group. Example: I’m some sort of property surveyor. My children did to execute surveys for those intended for 4 decades. We have generally bid quite competitively at times taking a loss to acquire work opportunities wanting which we tends to make our own income a toronto injury lawyer the actual records to ensure that we’d receive the work for long term surveys as well as having the ability to complete them effortlessly by simply modernizing exactly what details we currently possessed with file. This identical system of lawmaking which is defending the actual RIAA is allowing it market and others which are accumulating copies of the surveys in order to disperse those to individuals accepting affidavits intended for closings employing our own work for their own benefit and also eliminating people through making money for our own perspire labour and also work. What exactly disturbs us the majority of regarding this is always that, 1 day, it will have a lawsuit for a review we does generations in the past, that has been intended for some sort of afterwards final in opposition to our own will and also the courts will side in opposition to people to get a job we don’t even receive money intended for. We’ve written many people within govt getting assistance in some way and then acquire residual theme response or no answer back whatsoever. Romans possessed this much better 2150 yrs ago. Good we are now living in some sort of democracy, yet My partner and i fear it’s not a republic. Most of us votes that will put a team of Republicans or maybe Democrats within govt, and then include our own laws written and also cool to profit some sort of abundant group, by means of lobbyists financed by means of and also which represents some sort of abundant few. That exact same govt we selected as intended for applies a low concern about the desires with the the greater part, inside the notion this abundant not many are more wise and/or more worthy compared to the the greater part. I’m frightened our own govt has grown to be more of the Aristocracy.

• Wonderful to discover ‘someone’ is actually finally battling the actual RIAA Malavita. We’ve watched this kind of bad circumstance obtain power decades back, considering: “surely an individual on the market acknowledges the enormous injustice along with inequality the is actually perpetrating”; Individual mothers; grandmother and grandfather who all avoid actually possess a computer staying vulnerable. Finally I see mild at the end of the actual canal, due to each one of “you”!! Maintain the good perform individuals. You might have many close friends.

furthermore, I am aware that will John Ross of B?RNEL?RDOM studies that there are a “Harry Reid” who have killed a lot of kids a year ago.

• Excellent article.. anyone have missed alot of syntax whenever i actually finally first got it runningno far more large record errors: D No worries, thankful the notion and strategy is of usage up to the code. Without a doubt I might refactor the code easily needed the item once again: ) Finest, Vincent rapid Received extra 300 megabytes as a result of anyone, and also the review I worked on the ferry on my macbook had been cloned to the pc in the office could I travelled to the office and the iphone at the same time! Simply great, also it functions undoubtedly better than icloud.

• We cannot think a person couldnt mention JANGO. com, that i really like ha, i understand, jango is the best plus they don’t know that Why not consider shuffleer simple to operate google chrome ext that provides that you report on styles to choose from plus it trawls through sites and sites to find excellent msuic for you personally take a look Issue with all of these is if a person tune in to whatever really underground most likely screwed. Very last. fm has advised me personally a lot of distinct, under the palpeur performers awesome yet We can in no way locate whatever else about these performers through the sites as listed above. Total web sites are useful for what these kinds of are created for so I aren’t party some of them. Great info.

• Fake Oakleys says:

Certainly together with Nabeel they can be holding backside for the next release on these kinds of attributes, if they start a more recent model soon they are going to earn more money.