DOWN 3 POUNDS
It is the beginning of week 3 of 8. Only 5 weeks left before my photoshoot. As you can see from the above, it is really important to get the exact same lighting and distance from the camera. This would make for a more accurate assessment of my progress.
==> I will put tape on the floor for the following weeks.
The last couple weeks have been tough mentally. I usually eat a pretty healthy diet so take away the few things that I enjoy and look out! I had a really tough day on Saturday and actually went out with my husband for a couple glasses of red wine. A definite ‘no-no’ but I needed it and don’t regret it one bit.
Here is what I changed in my diet:
- NO DAIRY – Dairy is something I enjoy very much. Not having it is really hard. Dairy often makes you hold water. It is also easier to lose weight by cutting out dairy because often times it causes inflammation and the lactose causes an insulin spike which will in turn make you store calories…we only want this post-workout and for photoshoot prep so we take this out all together.
- NO BEANS – Bean usually causes bloating and the only carb sources I use will lean me out faster – see below.
- NO CHEATS – no going out to eat, no pizza or pasta on date night, no extra splurges that usually happens once a week for me
- CALORIE COUNTING – I hate hate calorie counting but it is the easiest way to make changes if I’m not progressing well and it ensures I am not overeating. Learing what 4oz of a protein source is vital when you are trying to lose weight as an example.
- NO ALCOHOL – Eliminating the sugar content is important for fat loss and of course the dehydrating factor.
That’s it! Otherwise I am eating the exact same!
DAILY LOOK AT MEAL PLAN
4oz ground beef
50 grams carbs (quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato)
6oz white fish <== PRE-WORKOUT
1.5oz fat (nuts or avocado)
4oz protein (poultry or fish) <== POST-WORKOUT
50 grams carbs (same as above)
1/2 cup egg whites
2oz fat (usually in the form of an oil on salad; flax or evoo)
*** I should add that some days I will have a grapefruit!
As the weeks approach, I will slowly lower my carbs and increase my fat intake until I am where I’d like to be…which I don’t really know where that is yet. I am just taking pictures weekly and stopping when I like what I see! I am not taking a very serious approach because I don’t want this to control my life. I just want another set of AWESOME pictures.
See also : 5 Best Fruit Sources
What is the hardest part of dieting or even just eating healthy in general for you? What is the toughest food for you to cut out?