Sweet and Sour Chicken
Author: Oxygen magazine and Flavia (slight changes)
Recipe type: Main Dish
The traditional sweet and sour chicken you find from restaurants and grocery stores are loaded with fat, sugar and sodium. Try this low fat, low soduim recipe.
- 4oz chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1tbsp low-sugar ketchup
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp apricot mashed
- Dice chicken into bit-sized pieces and season with garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Set skillet on medium-heat and spay with some organic extra virgin olive oil cooking spray.
- Add chicken and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice bell peppers and set aside/ In a small bowl mix together ketchup, mustard and apricot. Once the chicken is cooked add the sauce and peppers to skillet. Lower, heat and continue to cool for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Now you are ready to serve.
Eating ketchup often is not recommended.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 230 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 7g Sugar: 6g Fiber: 1g Protein: 28g