Who doesn’t want chocolate! Being a woman means wanting chocolate and nothing can be better than having something that tastes good and is healthy too.
Chocolate, dark in particular, may contribute to improved cardiovascular health. Dark chocolate is mostly composed of cocoa. Cocoa comes from the cocoa bean which grows on the cocoa tree. Cocoa is packed with natural plant nutrients and minerals
Benefits of DARK chocolate:
- Cocoa is filled with antioxidants
- Dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure, improve blood flow, shown to have mild anti-clotting effects and may help prevent plaque formation in arteries
- Lower glycemic index than oatmeal. This means it has very little effect on blood sugars.
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (make sure this is pure coconut milk)
- *add in raw coconut to add flavor and texture either before or after warming
- In a small saucepan on very low heat, melt chocolate stirring until smooth – set aside.
- Bring coconut milk to a slight boil using a small pot and meduim heat – set aside to cool for a few minutes before combining the chocolate.
- Stir together and serve warm or cold over any fruit or greek yogurt.