|Bruschetta Salad Recipe||
Recipe Type: Salad
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
Since bread is the “unhealthy” part of bruschetta, why not eliminate the bread and still have the taste of the oil, tomatoes and basil in a salad.
- 2 medium beets (optional)
- 2 ripe roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Carefully wash dirt off the beets, taking care not to break the skin or roots. Place the beets in a saucepan, cover with boiling water, and cook covered until tender. Young beets will be done in 30 to 40 minutes depending on their size, while old beets will require 1 hour or more.
- Peel skin off beets while still warm and chop to desired size. Place in fridge to cool about 1 hour.
- When beets are cool, add all ingredients to a bowl, mix well and serve.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 253 Fat: 22.5g Carbohydrates: 5g Sugar: 2g Protein: 6g
For a quick and easy salad, skip the beets and have a refreshing bruschetta salad.
Calories do not include the vegetables. This is a F + V with some protein.