Tasty Thursday – Egg White Scramble Recipe

Egg White & Veggie Scramble
Recipe type: Main
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 1
Here is a way to get in your pre-workout meal quick and super easy!
  • 1 cup egg whites
  • 1 cup spinach
  • ¼ cup sundried tomatoes (canned in olive oil)
  • 1 clove garlic, grated
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
  1. Coat pan with coconut oil.
  2. Mix all above ingredients in a medium bowl and place on frying pan.
  3. Cook over medium-low heat with a cover until fully cooked.
Use a green frying pan that has is 100% PTFE and PFOA Free. Coconut oil and vegetables are not counted as calories. Use a small amount of olive oil from the sundried tomato can for flavor. May add goat cheese for more flavor.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 Calories: 186 Fat: 4.4 Carbohydrates: 1.8 Sugar: 1.6 Fiber: 1.6 Protein: 28
See more FAT-BURNING Recipes HERE!

• Lisa says:

This is one of my staple type foods…..i always have fresh spinach on hand, so i goes in almost everything i cook anyways….love egg based meals…..high protein and low carb and some good fats…what more can a body ask for? sometimes i make coconut pancakes to go along with it….and once again low carb (using coconut flour) and gluten free….good energy meal!
    Thanks for sharing!

• michele b. says:

I love making egg whites into a frittata, and spinach (with feta) is one of my staples. I will have to try sun-dried tomatoes!

• Les says:

I’m printing this recipe as I type this and will be incorporating into my next meal plan. Thanks Flavia!

• Karen says:

I am curious if you want protein plus fat why not leave in the egg yolks much of the protein and other nutrition is also lost when you don’t include them?

• Karen says:

I am curious too Karen, the coconut oil has a lot more calories (my calculations say this is well over 2250 cals)and the yolk is so nutritious. Egg white deplete the body of Biotin and the yolk is very high in Biotin. Says something about eating ‘wholefoods’

Yes, egg yolks are very healthy and I eat them EVERY DAY! This is a substitute for a Protein + veggie meal…you need variety!

Coconut oil is not counted…it says so in the notes on the recipe. Coconut oil is made up of different fatty acids that aren’t stored in the body as fat!

No, we don’t want the fat here…we don’t count coconut oil…see other comments.

Adding one egg yolk will help with digestion however!

• Terry Foytek says:

I thought you weren’t supposed to have fat surrounding a workout, because when your insulin goes up, and you have fat in there, it is a bad combination, and recipe for fat storage. Sounds like a great recipe for other times of day.

Yes it is true – there isn’t a lot of fat in this 🙂

• Amy says:

I’m very confused about this…..why aren’t you including the coconut oil in the calorie count? And if you aren’t supposed to eat fat before/after a workout then why aren’t you including the fat from the coconut oil? Either way it is being ingested so it should count right? I’m not questioning you…..I just happen to love coconut oil but don’t use it very often because of the high calories! But if you are saying it doesn’t count then I will be using it every day! Lol!!!

Hey Amy, Coconut oil is made up of different fatty acids that aren’t stored in the body as fat! I would recommend using it for up to 3 meals a day.

• Christine says:

You or someone at your helpdesk told me never to eat egg whites without the yolks because you body can’t digest the protien in the whites without a catalist in the yolks.

The recepie has egg whites only. Please clairify this.

Yes it is true, but when you combine vegetables, this will help you digest the egg whites. It is best to have the yolk as it works best for digestion but if you aren’t wanting the fat, for instance before a workout, you can leave them out. IF you feel uncomfortable afterwards this means you aren’t digesting properly and you will want to add in one yolk….which isn’t a lot of fat anyways.

• Chris says:

I get really tired sometimes before my work out. I am not sure what is the best thing to eat before i start my routine…….nor what to eat after.

Pre-workout Protein + Veggies and post-workout Protein + Carbs + veggies

When eating carbs before a workout, often times you may experience a low during the workout. This is because Carbs increase Seratonin levels that make ppl feel sleepy.

• Belinda says:

For the P + F control meal for breakfast, would something like yoghurt and nuts be okay for the breakfast? im a little confuzed considering yoghurt has carbs, would meat be better instead? and what do you consider carbs? heavy carbs like rice, and sweet potato or is veggies and fruit count as carbs to? thanks:)

• Anna G says:

Veggies are free, fruit counts as a carb. 🙂

Hey Belinda, yes that would be great – yogurt and nuts. Yogurt shouldn’t have much carbs…use the plain greek kind. IF it’s under 5-8 grams of carbs, you don’t need to count it as a carb. Veggies don’t count as carbs in my eyes, but grains and fruit do – yes!

• Belinda says:

okayy thankyou! sorry one more thinng, im a little lost about the protien shake after workouts, is it just something like water, berries and whey? should i take any other suppliments during workout, thankyou appreciate all your promt answers!:)

Protein should be just water. You can add in fruit as a carb for your protein + carb meal post-workout. Durning the workout you can have an electrolyte drink. YOu could also have BCAAs and Glutamine for building muscle as well.

• Karen says:

Unless you are using organic eggs and throwing out the yolk (what a waste) I can not see this being healthy not only is in industrial chicken eggs, but the processing of the egg whites in egg beaters and the like is rather unhealthy. Anyone know any healthier alternatives?

• I’ve truly attempted to use, however it does not operates in any respect.

• fuhshniZZle The greatest Tunes Video Jukebox beta is definitely building a particular beta tester marketing. Initially 12, 000 beta testers to produce a playlist will easily always be enhanced to their high quality subscription when beta analyze concludes. fuhshniZZle blends with Vimeo, yahoo, Discogs, Myspace and Amazon online APIs to produce a smooth included and groundbreaking multimedia practical experience.

inspected indicate most undetectable data under machine whilst still being no htaccess document. my partner and i dont understand it. this can be mad, very much support desired below. most i wish to perform is usually be able to transfer jacks upon blogger hey jamesi modern through starhub wire broadband 40 mbps for you to fibre braodband 75 mbps u find that fibre is usually sluggish than wire along with becos on the hoopla given more than fibre produced typically the change and located this recently android router furthermore are not able to employ certainly not compatiblebetter to be able to stay with wire broadbandbest rgdshozefa

• Excellent posting! My spouse and i, far too commenced workboxes the very last full week of faculty recently since I just could hardly wait. My spouse and i posted nowadays in the website in relation to these people, far too! College thinks wonderful concept, also it looks like it works with regard to so many different methods of homeschooled mothers and dads!

• All of us use Storage area Storage space the year 2003 and also ’08 within ESX5. VMware officially won’t assist Storage area Storage space the year 2003 about ESX5, however it functions. my partner and i have not possessed just about any functionality problems thus i have never dug all around inside the logs, nevertheless. organic meat possibly be experiencing numerous problems u easily don’t know about this. Coming from what I can easily see we live ready to go excellent. I accomplish want to mention that all of us the actual following: – Put an extra VMkernel per networking credit card for the VMware sponsor. – Give only 1 Network credit card to each VMKernel. – Be sure the fresh VMKernels are generally lively for your ISCSI HBA. – Fixed typically the multipath insurance plan to each of your ISCSI datastore for you to Around Robin.