Workouts

Fitness Tip Tuesday – 30 Minute At-Home Workout

By September 25, 2012 16 Comments

female fitness blog

Shout out to all those women working out at home. Here is a short workout I did in the hotel gym here in North Carolina. I followed this workout with twenty minutes of uphill sprints.

Here is your workout this week:

Warm up with jumping jacks or skipping rope for 5-10 minutes. This workout is meant to be short and intense. We will be lifting light weights and moving from exercise to exercise without rest. Rest one minute between sets and when moving onto the second circuit.

Circuit One:

Weighted Split Squat  x 15/leg
Push up  x failure
Lateral Shoulder Raise  x 20
Dumbbell Bicep Curl  x 15

Repeat for a total of 4 sets

Circuit Two:

Chin Up  x failure
Single-arm Dumbbell Row  x 15/side
Triceps Dip (off bench if you don’t have a dip bar)  x failure
Single-leg Squat  x 15/leg
Crunch or leg raise (abs)  x 20

Repeat for a total of 4 sets

For another great full-body workout see Fat-Burning Workout For Women

Author Flavia

More posts by Flavia

• Susan says:

Short and sweet but packs a punch! Thanks, Flavia!

• Amy says:

Another great workout!!! Are the single leg squats weighted or just body weight?

• Sarah says:

Whatis a good substitute if you don’t have a bar for the chin-ups?

• shirl says:

Where is a demo of a single leg squat? thanks.

• elizabeth says:

Hi Flavia,

I think your amazing, and I have purchased every one of your programs. I have been following you and Vince forever!!!!! I recently found out that I am two months pregnant. My question to you is , do you have any tips on how I can do my workouts now that I am pregnant?
    And can I still do cardio?
    Thanks so much,
    Elizabeth

• Andrea Amado says:

Hi Flavia, I just have a quick question. I am a pretty thin person, with most (if not all) fat concentrated around my midsection. I have a really hard time getting rid of my belly fat and have tried really cutting back on fat consumption but I just notice the rest of my body suffers from that and I just look very thin overall. how can i target burning fat just around my abdomen without compromising the rest of my body?

Hey Andrea, you can’t target any area in your body for fat loss. Your body loses fat all over starting and ending where it see fit…that really sucks I know…but for the abs you have to make sure you are eating clean nutritious foods and working out of course. You will see that area slim down as you get leaner. The more intense the workouts, the better for fat loss.

Hi Andrea,
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce fat. Fat is simply stored energy that has to be burned off. Dietary fats (the right kinds) do not make you fat! Check out this blog post :http://www.flaviliciousfitness.com/blog/2011/11/02/5-best-fat-sources-for-a-flat-belly/

Adding some muscle to your physique will be great to add curves in all the right places and make you burn more calories around the clock!

• 1 ) Inside “about” menu, that claims my model is some. 2 . some (8E200) when that helps.

• Status Signal Typically the speediest program for you to detect covered consumers in web which is in no way straight down!

tou chris-craft set up this motorist becausr this for oprating system experience not really 8 can i get vga motorist for lg electronics xnote for window experience I highly recommend you directed me vga motorist fof the lg electronics xnot rd400 earn experience within my deliver identity the dvd rom is demonstrated as ejectable disk what exactly sick and tired complete? pls help me Hey there by Carolina! Now i’m bored to be able to demise at your workplace and so i decided to take a look at your blog in the new iphone 4 during lunch break break. I like the knowledge you actually provide here as well as still cannot wait to use a glance as i go back home. Now i’m stunned at how quick your website packed in the portable.. Now i’m not making use of WI-FI COMPATABILITY, only 3G.. Anyway, excellent blog site!

• As usual, Brian… Spot-ON! #Kudos… right now to verify if these types of outdated eye can certainly keep tabs on and explicate develop – elaborate something determined by Google’s MapMaker a huge component of all of our WEB OPTIMIZATION Gurus on the net Skype ip telefoni team on a daily basis (as you understand! ) is actually spent on making just that will types of bottom-up method! Hmm… got to pic this particular available might be for further research…. heave a sigh, there moves often the end of the week, eh!: -)

• Grooveshark really does propose tunes for you determined by whats by now inside your playlist should you click the radio station button and dont influence some sort of genre.

Hello On the web composing that you simply relatively number of fantastic singers in addition to listen to the good experience you actually lovely suggests combination together once I had formed the opportunity to ever visit The us in addition to talk with less complicated the 1 major dream is usually to meet you actually all over again if zero I could truthfully be with you actually also participate in therefore i could fill the dream. I really do not really recognize when to resume Europe but feel that many although not practically so maybe maybe even is prejudicial . but us if you actually ever seem to visit The us, in addition to surely I would always be pleased if we possess your personal actions for the lazy ever have observed. If only you actually the best for the complete team each good results in addition to offers fantastic actions specifically good in your management. Once more If only the best for a great moment.