Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Recipe type: Main
There are over 2 servings of vegetables in one serving, healthy lentil beans and even chicken! This is a two thumbs up.
- 3 tbsp olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped,
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 rosemary springs, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup green French puy lentils
- 14oz can plum tomatoes
- 7 cups (1L) organic vegetable stock (or see stock recipe below)
- 2 cups skinless rotisserie chicken meat, diced
- sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large stockpot. Add onion and saute until translucent and sweetened, about 5 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, rosemary, bay leaves and lentils.
- Add in tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until lentils are soft to the tooth.
- Remove bay leaves and season with sea salt and pepper.
Carbs and calories of vegetables not counted in Nutrition data.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 275 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 5 Protein: 21