Low Calorie Vinaigrette Recipe
Author: Flavia Del Monte
Recipe type: Dressing
Serves: 1 cup
Throw out store bought salad dressings filled with preservatives and make your very own. Store in refrigerator for 5 days covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white-wine vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 7 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Mash garlic clove with fork and mix with sea salt to make a paste.
- Whisk in olive oil
- Add in mustard, juice and vinegar
- Whisk ingredients together until well blended
- Taste and adjust flavour with sea salt and juice
If whisking to keep from solidifying in refrigerator, whisk mustard while very slowly adding in oil. Whisk constantly and fast until well blended.
Serving size: 1 tbsp Calories: 39 Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 1g Sodium: 60mg
See More Low Calorie and Delicious Recipes Here: