Workout Wednesday – Trimester 2 – Pregnancy Workout Video #1

Happy Workout Wednesday!

Pregnancy Workouts for Women
Stay hydrated and eat before you workout
No lying on back as you get bigger
Take rest periods when needed
Monitor Heart Rate
Lift less than 30-40 pounds
Don’t start anything new
Always consult your doctor before starting this workout

Second Trimester Pregnancy Workout

When using weights complete 8-10 reps. When using body weight only complete 10-20 reps. Complete 2-3 sets of each circuit before moving onto the next circuit.

Circuit 1 Circuit 2 Circuit 3
Single-leg Squat
Hamstring Curl
Leg Extension
Low Step-up
Resistance Band Lateral Step
Glute Extension
Single-Leg Calf Raise

1. Carlye says:

Hi Flavia!

Great to see all your pregnancy workouts! Thank you for continuing to share! I have a question, I’m wondering if you are still using your protein powders for shakes or anything during your pregnancy. I have searched and searched on whether they’re safe or not to take during pregnancy and there are so many contradicting sites. I know you have used them for years so thought you’d be a trustworthy source…last time I was pregnant I used vega (and still do), but wondered what your take is and if you use them still. I love my shakes for breakfast very day, they just wouldn’t be complete without the protein..thanks so much!!
    Carlye ☺

Hi Carlye,
      Flavia is still using Bio Trust protein powder and it is the main protein powder she recommends :)

2. Carlye says:

Excellent to know!! Thank you so much-that really helps put me at ease. I will continue to use mine as well!

3. Ivana says:

Hi Flavia,

which home excercise could substitute Leg curls?

4. Suzie says:

Hi I was just wondering how much cardio and what cardio machines Flavia is using as well a these workouts? I am using the second trimester workouts and they are fabulous!

5. Adnery says:

Hi Flavia, love all the videos and tips, thank you so much for all the help! I wanted to know if I should avoid some of this machines at the gym, am currently in my second trimester (week 20) :
    Inner and Outer tight machines, seated leg extension/curls, seated calf machine, leg press and the squats machines. Thank you so much