- 2 pounds of bones from left overs or a local butcher
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Optional – own herbs or Vegeta**
- This recipe calls for any type of bones. You can use chicken, beef, pork or fish! Different bones call for different cooking times. Beef and Pork are the longest, the longer the better flavour, a full day would be perfect! Chicken would be about half that time; half a day. And fish needs about 4-5 hours. My favorite is roasting the bones first for 30 minutes before placing into the pot to bring out a lot of flavour.
- Once you have the bones in the pot add a gallon of water.
- Add in chopped vegetables, salt, pepper and herbs (vegeta)
- Bring to boil
- Once boiling, lower to simmer for the remaining time.
- Every so often you will have to check the broth so you can take the frothy stuff off the top (which is all the imperfections). Keep in mind that if you are using bones from grass-fed meat there will be less (this is what I always use!)
**This is an optional ingredient to add:
Homemade Vegeta Spice: