Fitness Tip Tuesday – Split Squat Jump

By December 3, 2013 10 Comments

Split Squat Jump

Burns: 76 Calories in 10 minutes

How To: From a standing position, lower your body into a split squat: back leg- stand on the ball of your foot with heel raised. keep your core tight. keep your chest up. Quickly switch directions and jump with enough force to propel both feet off the floor (scissors kick). Repeat, alternating between each leg. Jump for 30 seconds. Rest for 30 seconds. Repeat 5 times.

Muscles Used:  Gluteus Maximus, Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Calves & Spinal Erectors

This exercise is not intended for single workout use. The calories burned is used to show the difference between each exercise. When you look at the Squat for example, it burns so many more calories than the bicep curl. I want you ladies to see why I do pair certain exercises together.
This way, you ladies will be able to look at the exercise library (soon to come) and say, ” ok, I want to burn a lot of calories this week. I am going to put this exercise in this week (squat) and this one (lunge) and I’ll add a less calorie burning one (bicep curl) so I don’t get too tired….”  You will be able to create your own workouts and have a strategic look at what you want to include in your circuits.

• Audrey Rose says:

Hi… I have a question.. About 3yrs ago I was diagnosed w fibromyalgia. My weight at the time was bout 125-130 at the time. I was highly active exercised all the time & was able to kerp weight stable. Now i’ve gained alot no matter what I do I cant lose the weight. I have had alot of medical problems. Last yr I had a spinal fusion then 2wks later had pin & rods in my back a total of 11 surgeries im only 36yrs old. Not sure if u know alot about fibro but my growth horm is low cud tht b a reason im hvn a hard time losen weight? I’ve had throid & my hormones checked all ok. Im getting really depressed I order alot of the biotrust thngs I love the prod & so fo my kids… I eat healthy due to my illness but sometimes I go w out eating 1-2 days or so just frm not feeling good… Please help… Any advice wud b good… Thnk you!!!!! 🙂

Hi Audrey,
      Make sure you are sticking to Flavia’s nutritional recommendations. Don’t let yourself feel bad. Not eating is definitely not good for your metabolism and fat loss goal. Make sure you are eating plenty of vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats. Keep your carbohydrate intake low since you are limited on your workout capabilities.

• Audrey Rose says:

I do I dnt eat bad cards or processed foods thy make my fibro flares ups worse so I stick to fresh friuts, veggies & lean meats not much red at all. I do snack on nuts, seeds or the biotrust thngs. I sick w my illness and at times I sleep for days & just cnt eat I tske kids to school come hm sleep my boyfriend wakes me up( he drives a big trk over the road) I get thm hm do hm wrk fall asleep while I help thm w tht go bavk to bed. The winter is worse w my flare ups the cold is really hard on my body w the pain gets horrible. But I eud like some ideas tht wud b good cardio to help me w weightloss whn my fatigue is bad. Thts not hrd on my knees. I’ve had 2 rt knee surg & hve sever arthritis in it now & 1 lt knee. Im vry determind to get it off just need help goin in the rite direction i’ve nvr had ths much trouble w losen weight b4. Thnk u for ur last post…… 🙂

• No HARDWARE?? It Sucks! . -= Chethan’s previous website… It’s about Advertising! The Art of Communication =-.

• Things have changed. Not really every person are going to buy valuable goods any more.. . -= Rockstar Sid’s final site… The 3 Particular Investments Which usually Should Take Advantage of ipad device =-.

Apple company likes releasing its merchandise with out specific characteristics deliberately. So that they can start being active . of these characteristics within next let go and folks can obtain the new version. . -= Nabeel’s very last blog site… The best way to administrator logon within personal organised squidoo blog site =-.

• Every the previously mentioned think thanks anyways, My partner and i determined it out (for other individuals inside the similar position merely open up iphoto as well as dropbox simultaneously as well as drag & drop between packages pretty simple).

• Fake Oakleys says:

My spouse and i experimented with investigating your website along with this ipod itouch and the format will not are generally appropriate. Should find out about it upon WAP along with it seems like the majority of mobile layouts are definitely not really working together with your site.

Managing small print tells you from the p2p, the truth that you aren’t eliminated via taking care of it (short associated with enhancing startup within msconfig) remains a crucial matter.

• Enjoyed looking through this, very good stuff, thankyou . “Golf isn’t a game, it’s a choice that one makes with one’s life.” by Charles Rosin.