Split Pea Soup
This is a delicious and perfect soup for those winter months
- 6 c Flavia’s homemade broth **
- 2 c organic dried green split peas, rinsed
- 1 c carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (include leaves)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool for 3 – 5 minutes. Puree soup in a blender or processor; return to the pan. Heat for 5 minutes.
**Flavia’s broth recipe: http://www.flaviliciousfitness.com/blog/2013/09/26/homemade-broth-recipe/