Workout Wednesday – Jump Rope For A Killer Body

best-jump-rope-workout

Jump Rope Routine For A Killer Body

Circuit 1
The Skip
 - perform for 3 minutes.
Front To Back – hop to the front and back as you jump over rope for 3 minutes.
Side To Side - jump slightly to the left then back to the right as you jump for 3 minutes.

Rest Period (30 seconds)
swing rope side to side, making an ‘X’Instead of just standing

Circuit 2
Heel To Toe – this one is similar to the front to back but when hopping to the front land your heels and when jumping back land on your toes for 90 seconds.
High Jump – keep your feet together and jump as high as you can 90 seconds.
Knee Highs - lift your knees as high as you can as you jump 90 seconds.

Rest Period – swing rope side to side, making an ‘X’; Instead of just standing

Circuit 3
Run
 – Alternate legs while jumping as if you are running for 60 seconds.
Butt Kicks – Try to kick your butt with your feet as you jump over the rope for 60 seconds.
Single Foot Hop – Hop on one foot for 60 seconds on each leg.

Comments

1. Donna says:

My jump rope has seen better days and I would like your recommendation on purchasing a new one. I have seen so many mixed reviews online.

Hi Donna,
      Really anything will work. I consulted Flavia to make sure she agreed and she said “anything is fine. Mine has a little bit of weight in the handles. Got it at a fitness store, don’t know the brand even.”

2. maria says:

?How can i reduce cellulite inthe hamstrings area? I work my upper and lowerbdy on diffrent days.and also doing high intervals using my bdy weight.i lift heavy and light weights. one week ill lift heavy and then on the other i do light.and high intervals m-f for25 mnts.butt thiz fat that i battle with on what itsstill there. Waz wondering if first i have 2 loose weight with cardio 2 burn that fat orkeep on working how iam doingright know? .and by the way iam 5’2 and currently weigh 134 pnds.well thnx 4 your time and 4 replaying back and 4 reading my info. Have a blessing day

3. Linda says:

Great workout! Jumprope is the single best cardio equipment you’ll ever need!

4. Shelley says:

This skipping workout left me drenched! More so I believe then the basketball game I played the night before!

5. Serena Boehm says:

How do I get back into the member site to get into the downloads