Tasty Thursday -Squash Risotto
- 1 c rice
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 4-5 c Flavia’s home made broth**
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 c petite peas
- 1/2 c Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1 tbsp organic butter
- 1/4 c fresh basil
- Pinch of pepper
- Cut into chunks, 1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat oil, add onion & garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in cooked rice & leave for 2 more minutes. Add wine & stir until wine is absorbed.
- Scoop broth into rice, one scoop at a time, stirring frequently. Key is to wait until broth is almost completely absorbed before adding more.
- Wait 15 minutes before adding squash & peas. Continue stirring & adding broth until the vegetables are tender. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add basil and stir in butter. Season with pepper.
**Flavia’s broth recipe: http://www.flaviliciousfitness.com/blog/2013/09/26/homemade-broth-recipe/