Yes, I have an egg allergy :'(. It seriously sucks because I KNOW EGGS ARE HEALTHY. Replacing eggs is pretty tough, especially in pancakes (at least it is for me).
Well, I finally came up with the perfect pancake, without eggs, and with all healthy ingredients. Whoot Whoot!
You are going to love the fluff factor on these babies..
- 1 cup quinoa or almond flour (or whichever flour you prefer)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder (yes it’s a lot)
- pinch of Aztec sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Blueberries or chocolate chips or whatever you desire
- Heat pan to medium heat with coconut oil (not using the 2 tbsp above, this is extra)
- Combine the dry ingredients leaving out the last ingredients whichever you choose to use.
- Add the milk and oil to mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter onto pan.
- Drop blueberries one-by-one from up high into the batter on the pan.
- Flip when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake or when the edges are looking a little brown or stiffened.
- Check after one minute to see if they are done. Pancakes should be browned on both sides.