I love the thought of having sun butter in my kitchen cupboards. It’s a great healthy alternative to peanut butter, but the problem is that it just doesn’t taste as good!
I remember walking through my local grocery store and seeing organic sun butter on sale for 99 cents a container! I went crazy and bought 10!
I got home, placed some bread in the toaster and brought out a butter knife. Once I spread it on the bread and took a bite I was a little shocked.
It didn't taste good!
I had no idea what to do with 10 containers so I decided to start baking!
Now, I have since become accustom to sun butter and now enjoy it on it’s own. With that said, peanut butter is still so much richer.
Anyway, I ended up with this recipe and love it! It’s my go-to if I see sun butter on sale 😉
- 1/4 cup sunbutter
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 dates chopped
- Small handful walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix dry ingredients in small bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dry ingredients into the large bowl.
- Add 'Other Ingredients' to the bowl and mix together.
- Roll into 1 inch sized balls and placed on parchment lined paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool, plate and enjoy!
- Feel free to add other nuts, chocolate chips, etc.