- Rice Ingredients
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Bean Ingredients
- 1-3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups of onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon garlic,
- 4 cocktail tomatoes, blended or 8 tablespoons
- diced organic canned tomatoes,
- 1 jalapeno, cut length-wise and seeded
- (keep seeds for more spice)
- 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- Rice Method
- Rinse the rice until water runs clear.
- Warm the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the rice stirring frequently for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water. Stir and reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- or until all the water has absorbed.
- Once all the water has absorbed, turn the heat off and fluff the cooked rice
- with a fork.
- Remove from heat, cover and set-aside until ready to serve.
- Serving Tip:
- Serve with fresh lime, sliced white
- onion and avocado slices
- Bean Method
- Warm oil in large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until soft, then add minced garlic and jalapeno
- and saute until fragrant (be sure not to burn garlic) then add blended cocktail
- Continue to stir until tomato texture begins to change consistency (5-10 minutes).
- Add beans and combine well. Continue to cook for few minutes on medium-
- low to warm the beans.
- Transfer to a serving dish and remove bay leaf and jalapeno if desired and
- mix fresh cilantro throughout.
Are you looking for recipes that are easy to make and loved by your family? Look no farther, You can have access to my new Skinnylicious Cookbook + many other juicing recipes and cooking tips by clicking here
Workout Guidelines: SuperSet #1 Deadlift 8 - 10 Reps Hip Thrust 12 - 15 Reps SuperSet #2 Romanian Deadlift 8 - 10 Reps Lying Leg Curl 12 - 15 Reps Finishing Exercise Seated Calf Raise 20 Reps No rest between exercises. 75 second rest between supersets. Complete 3 of each set. … Read More >>>
Rope Pull-Through How To: Begin in a wide stance squat position. Grib the rope in both hands as if you are reaching for it under your body. Keep your back straight and core tight. The movement comes from the legs. Move into a standing position, forcing your legs straight. Squeeze your glutes on the way up. Main Muscles: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings, … Read More >>>
"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run towards it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your foot." Nadia Comaneci … Read More >>>
5.0 from 2 reviews Print Pumpkin Spice Latte Author: Flavia Del Monte Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 5 mins Total time: 10 mins Serves: 2 servings This latte is a great alternative to the starbucks version that isn't so healthy for you. This one is loaded with good fats and nutritional benefits from the … Read More >>>
Posture is very important. It influences first impressions and it's almost like it reveals who a person is. If you see someone with great posture you think they are confident, take care of themselves, fit, well mannered...etc. This workout will help you correct your posture as well as help tone up your shoulders which in turn will make you look … Read More >>>
Close Squat to Lunge How To: We are going to be keeping our feet together, to really focus on burning those quads....we mix up lunges and squats to keep our heart rate elevated and burn fat. Make sure you are breathing throughout this entire workout and stop when you need to. Main Muscle: Quads … Read More >>>
Food is the most abused anxiety drug. Exercises is the most under utilized antidepressant. … Read More >>>
Top 2 Reason You Should NEVER Drink Pop Poor In Nutrients Pop is basically sugar water with no nutritional value which increases your risk for diabetes and fat gain. Bad Ingredients On the other hand, there is not just sugar in pop, there are a few other ingredients and these ingredients are not good for you! These artificial … Read More >>>
Top 3 reason Chips are a BAD for your health Empty Calories Chips do not provide good nutrients. When you eat something that is high in fats, sugars or even refined, you are eating too many empty calories which leads to fat storage. BHT Butylhydroxytoluene is used to preserve the chips. This chemical is known to cause cancer. Look for … Read More >>>
Print How To Cook The Perfect Salmon + Recipe (Tasty Thursday) Author: Flavia Del Monte Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 20 mins Serves: 2 This delicious and easy meal will leave you satisfied and looking forward to the next time you will be having it. This sauce is health and delicious and … Read More >>>