- Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 can white kidney beans
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1 sweet potato, boiled and skinned
- 1 can pure pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons ghee, softened
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add beans, sea salt and water in a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread the mixture into a 9-inch pie tray to create a thin crust. Be sure mixture is spread evenly and goes up the sides of the tray.
- Poke holes throughout to stop crust from rising and place in oven for 10-20 minutes. Crust is done when golden brown and mostly crispy.
- While crust is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients in a bowl or food processor and mix until smooth. Taste the filling. Filling should be very sweet and taste very pumpkiny (the sweetness will lessen during cooking).
- Pour filling into baked piecrust and place into preheated oven at 350F for 50-60 minutes. Pie’s done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 2-4 hours or 1-2 in the fridge.
- Sprinkle with extra pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon before serving.
This is my favorite thanksgiving dessert. I always look forward to it and I always HAVE to have at least once slice during the holiday season. I remember so many times I skipped out on it because I wanted to be healthy, but then I decided to make my own. When my family got together for the holiday I started offering to bring the dessert. This was the best because I could have my pie and eat it too. PS. my family didn’t even know that it was ‘healthy’
Do you love this recipe? Would you like to have more? I would love to share with you the way I cook every day! It is so important to me that this work starts to take care of themselves so I wrote a cookbook. Check it out: Skinnylicious Cooking
1) Bad Cooks Do Not Use Residual Heat To Finish Cooking Did you know that turning off the heat and letting your food sit will overcook it almost every time? It’s true. Do Not make this mistake. The best way to finish cooking meat is to remove it from the pan about 5 – 10 degrees before the desired “done” temperature. Done correctly, … Read More >>>
Sweet Potato Fries Print Prep time 3 mins Cook time 15 mins Total time 18 mins Author: Flavia Del Monte Ingredients 2 large sweet potatoes 3 - 4 tbsp coconut oil ¼ tsp Aztec sea salt ¼ tsp ground pepper Spices (optional) Instructions Pre-heat oven to 375 F Chop sweet potato with skin on into thin … Read More >>>
Back Squat How To: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and barbell on shoulders. Lower into a squat and back to the starting position. The Squat is a compound, full body exercise. You Squat by bending through your hips and knees, with the weight on your upper-back. Be sure to keep your core tight and your back straight throughout movement. *TIP: Go … Read More >>>
Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. -Oprah Winfrey … Read More >>>
Soy Do you remember when soy was big in the market? When everyone talked about why soy is so good for you? When the restaurants and cafes started offering soy milk as an alternative? Ah those were the days... Actually I wish those days never happened. Soy was made out to be some sort of super food that did wonders to your body. WRONG! I my … Read More >>>
Cranberry & Almond Biscotti Print Prep time 10 mins Cook time 40 mins Total time 50 mins Author: Flavia Del Monte Serves: 12 Ingredients ¼ cup coconut oil ¾ cup raw honey 2 eggs 2 tsp vanilla extract ½ tsp almond extract 1¾ cups almond flour ¼ tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder ½ cup … Read More >>>
Workout Guidelines: SuperSet #1 Deadlift 8 - 10 Reps Hip Thrust 12 - 15 Reps SuperSet #2 Romanian Deadlift 8 - 10 Reps Lying Leg Curl 12 - 15 Reps Finishing Exercise Seated Calf Raise 20 Reps No rest between exercises. 75 second rest between supersets. Complete 3 of each set. … Read More >>>
Rope Pull-Through How To: Begin in a wide stance squat position. Grib the rope in both hands as if you are reaching for it under your body. Keep your back straight and core tight. The movement comes from the legs. Move into a standing position, forcing your legs straight. Squeeze your glutes on the way up. Main Muscles: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings, … Read More >>>
"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run towards it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your foot." Nadia Comaneci … Read More >>>
5.0 from 2 reviews Pumpkin Spice Latte Print Prep time 5 mins Cook time 5 mins Total time 10 mins This latte is a great alternative to the starbucks version that isn't so healthy for you. This one is loaded with good fats and nutritional benefits from the various spices. Give it a try! Author: Flavia Del Monte Serves: 2 … Read More >>>